Monday, March 12, 2012

Brushstroke

Walking through this city

No recollection of the past

No control over the future, But we are in control

We know what to do.

But the artist is in control. She is has reign over my desires

She will paint the next cobblestone

Maybe that's why I am moving so slowly

Each stone is different,  unique, complex

I'm glad there is no past in this city.

Outside of here there are barbed wire fences. They chain us from movement.

This city has no chains. We only move a little slower. More relaxed.

Night will awaken the city. Day dissolves her. The city. Day dissolved my desire.

And I could almost touch it.

2 comments:

  1. amazing, i don't know what to think, but i know i feel like this a-lot of the time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this one all cued up to be one of the 5 posts to check out. And then I deleted it. Sorry.

    I don't know why I deleted it.

    ReplyDelete